jData v. 1.6.6
Five major oceanographic datasets organized as convenient mat-files.
Version 1.6.6 has updated versions of all datasets, and also adds a NetCDF version of each, by popular demand. See ncload for a convenient routine to read these files.
- floats.mat/floats.nc — Historical dataset of publicly-available acoustically-tracked subsurface float trajectories. 80 Mb zip
- drifters.mat/drifters.nc — The global surface drifter dataset from NOAA’s Global Drifter Program, through April 1, 2018. 1.1 Gb zip
- tpjaos.mat/tpjaos.nc — Alongtrack sea surface height anomalies from the Beckley merged TOPEX/Poseidon/Jason/Ocean Surface Topography Mission dataset, through May 30, 2018. 2.2 Gb zip
- sandwell.mat/sandwell.nc — One minute global topography from the Smith and Sandwell dataset v. 19.1, including source files and regional extraction software. 1.8 Gb zip
- ibcao.mat/ibcao.nc — Thirty second Arctic topography from the International Bathymetric Chart of the Arctic Ocean v. 3.0. 1.17 Gb zip
All data is distributed in accordance with the copyright policies of the data sources, as described in the documentation. All processing steps are also made available in the “about.m” files.